We are about 10 weeks away from Allume. Allume is this huge blogging conference in Greenville, SC October 23-27, 2013. And I get to go!!!!!! All thanks to Michelle Pickle- Statefarm Agent, a consignment sale, and my amazing hubby. I can't wait. It will be my first blogging conference and there is so much that I hope to learn and so many people that I hope to meet. But first off I know that there are 6 girls I will be meeting no matter what. They are my roommates. Three of the girls are for Wednesday night and the other three are for the rest of the conference. So that is 6 people that no matter what I will meet and get to hang out with. And there are some things that they need to know.
1. I have 4 boys and a husband who works shift work. I can pretty much sleep through anything but if you get sick in the middle of the night I will be up trying to help you.
2. I call roll and I am not great with names. I have 4 boys, a nephew, and a niece (who quite frequently gets called by her brothers name) plus umpteen dozen cousins my children's ages so calling roll is the norm. And if you see my staring at your name tag or notice me not saying your name or saying your name a lot PLEASE bare (or bear, I am never 100% sure which it is) with me- I am not trying to be rude.
3. If my sinuses are acting up- I apparently snore. Sorry!
4. I roll around a lot when I sleep. I am really just trying to find a comfortable position and it never lasts long. But I also don't mind sleeping on the floor (with a layer between me and it) if needed.
5. If I am nervous, I either talk about myself ALOT or I don't talk at all. I know that really doesn't give you any clues but it is what it is.
6. I am going to pack WAY more than what I need and I am not a neat hotel person but I will try hard to be for you.
7. I purposely set my alarm clock to where it goes off three times- the last one being the time I have to get up. For some reason it just makes me feel better.
8. I take quick showers but I take forever blow drying my hair and trying to get it to do something. It just has all these cowl licks and since it is shorter than what I normally where it takes longer to do. (Which explains why I like long hair. Wash it, dry it, stick some curlers in it or pull it back and you are good to go.)
9. I read ALOT. So if there is even the remote chance that I am wired and can't sleep I will be reading on my Nook.
10. I LOVE coffee. Or I should say I love a little coffee with my creamer. BUT my absolute favorite is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and it will be October. I am really hoping this coffee sponsor is not just sitting out coffee pots everywhere. I am really hoping for some pumpkin spice even if it is from a new vendor. And yes I love coffee.
So that is 10 things you need to know about me. I apologize now for all the things that I didn't mention. But we are going to have fun!!!! And Kim- I know you are old and all but can we keep the partying down to a low roar so I can at least try and get some sleep while we are there. (wink, wink- LOL)