There are a couple of authors that I watch for any new books coming out and as soon as they are posted for pre-order I pre-order or wishlist them. One of them is Julie Garwood. I have been reading her books for almost 20 years. And she never disappoints. So when the oppurtunity to review her new book,"Hotshot ", came around I jumped on it. I was so excited. And guess what I still am. I had a hard time putting it down and only reading it during my designated “work” hours.
Peyton Lockhart and her sisters are given the chance to own an exclusive resort. But someone is after Peyton from her former job. Enter former Olympic swimmer turned FBI agent Finn. He's used to rescuing Peyton. He first rescued her when she was 5 years old and has been HER hot shot ever since. With someone after Peyton and her new role running a resort, will her hot shot become more than her rescuer?
What I liked about this book:
- Well, ummm, EVERYTHING.
- This book flowed great and it is definitely a clear the whole day and read in one sitting because you can't help yourself book.
- Julie Garwood continues to tie former characters in her new books so that you know what happens to them past their “story”.
- There is just enough mystery and suspense in the book to keep you guessing without it completely crossing over to a mystery novel.
- I am someone who “watches a movie” in my head as I am reading fiction and this book made that easy to do and also would really make a great movie.
What I didn't like about this book:
- It was over too soon. The story ended just right but I was done reading the book before I was ready to be done reading the book.
This book is one I am definitely taking on my beach trip next month to read again sitting in my lounge chair by the pool (I really don't like sand) and will read over and over through the years. This is a great book by a great author. I highly recommend this book and any other that she has written and will write in the future.
**I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for my unbiased review. All opinions are my own.**
***Affiliated links used within the body of this review. All income from affiliated links go towards the maintanence of this website and towards conference fees where I learn how to make this blog better to serve you. Thank you in advance for your support.***