The Riches of His Love nominated me for the Liebster Award. Basically it is a way to introduce "smaller" blogs to new people. Kristin is honestly one of the most amazing people that I know. We finally met at Allume after "knowing" each other for about 10 months through the God Sized Dream Team. I am so honored that she thought of me! So here goes.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I am not an outdoors person AT ALL. But I love to go on nature walks with my kids.
2. I hate grammar while I am writing but can't stand to see anyone else use bad grammar.
3. I can stay at home and read for days on end if everyone would just leave me alone.
4. I love to paint and draw.
5. I love to cook but hate to clean up.
6. I love to make lists (they just don't always get followed).
7. I am my mom's only child.
8. I am not an animal person and really don't understand why there are stricter laws about animal abuse than there are about child abuse.
9. I hate to fly.
10. I also hate to drive. I would much rather be the passenger in the vehicle.
11. I have a very irrational fear of bridges and overpasses.
Now to the 11 questions Kristin asked me.
1. What is your favorite time of day?
About 6:30 in the morning when I am the only one up in the house. Even if it only lasts for about 5 minutes.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Scotland or Ireland.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When there is a perfectly good laundry basket in the bathrooms and yet someone takes their clothes off and leaves them in a trail all through the house. AND when a person refuses to take responsibility for the choices they make.
4. Salty or Sweet?
BOTH! If I have something sweet I need something salty to go with it and vice versa.
5. If you could have one wish granted what would it be?
Win the big, big, big game lottery so that I can give to all of the causes that are close to my heart and still be able to pay my bills.
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Driving around to look at lights with my kids.
8. What book are you currently reading?
I really hate to admit this but "Fifty Shades of Grey" and "God is Able". And just so you know I honestly skip over the "juicy" parts of Fifty Shades because I don't feel like the book needs all that in it. It is a pretty good story without it.
9. What is the last package you received in the mail?
The "Thrill of Hope" cd from Delonna Gibbs. IF I waited and wrote this tomorrow my last package would still have been from Delonna Gibbs because my Black Friday purchase will be here today.
10. How many loads of laundry do you do in a week?
Over 20. And sometimes I think I re-wash clothes because the kids just throw them in the floor instead of putting them up.
11. What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?
To be honest, the 2 gifts that John has surprised me with- a Nook tablet and Ugg boots. Mainly because it has been the only times that he has gotten me gifts with out me spelling it out for him or buying it myself.
Okay. SO I am going to nominate 3 other blogs.
1. Christine Wright at www.livingjoel225.com. She is a fellow dreamer and a very dear friend. Especially since the first time I met her in person was when I showed up at her house to go on a road trip.
2. Teri Lynne Underwood at www.terilynneunderwood.com. Even though I really consider her a bigger blogger. She is my Dream Buddy and my fellow Auburn fan.
3. Crystal Stine at www.crystalstine.me. Same with Teri Lynne, to me she is a bigger blogger BUT this woman is such an encourager!
SO my 11 questions for the above bloggers ARE:
1. What is your favorite Bible verse?
2. Are you a coffee drinker?
3. Cupcakes with or without sprinkles?
4. If you could travel to one place on this earth and spend 2 weeks, where would you go?
5. What is your favorite "go to" gift for people?
6. Reading- actual book or an e-reader?
7. Are you a light or a heavy packer for trips?
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. What is your favorite music genre?
10. If you could meet one person in the world (living) who would it be?
11. What is your favorite college team?